How to make AI only see Player as Enemy

Started by Hybrid_Soldier196, October 22, 2006, 06:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid_Soldier196

In this tutorial you will find out how to make any pawn (i hope, because i only tried with the Droideka, but in theory it should work) recognize only the player as the enemy, not other pawns of the same type.
----------
Step 1
----------
Load up your favorite map, or one you want to add pawns to, and select a pawn to use. Place as many as you want onto the map. Right click on your pawn, scroll to select, and then "All (whatever pawn you picked)" Right click again to go to "Actor Properties"

----------
Step 2
----------
On the "Actor Properties" list find {Hidden} as diagramed in pic below.

----------
Step 3
----------
In the list under {Hidden} scroll down to "bValidEnemy" and change the value to "False" as diagramed in the pic below.

----------
Step 4
----------
Build All (i dont think this is nessecary but what the heck, do it to be safe) and save the map.

When the map loads get ready!!! There aware of your presence!!! :shock:

Carefull!! They do shoot back......

with incredible accuracy!!!

Enjoy!!

Delta_96[DeltaSquad]

thanlos i couldnt figure that out for my own map now i can put some annoying battle droids on there

Delta_96[DeltaSquad]

i was looking through the stuff under hidden and i was wondering what the owner things were about and what do they do

Hybrid_Soldier196

Just experiment....but remember to try 1 thing at a time, otherwise you wouldnt know what did what.
Ill post more tuts if i find anything else useful.

Delta_96[DeltaSquad]

yeah i learned that the hard way

DooFi

awesome. I've been searching for this option (although i personally dont like putting pawns in my maps :P). I'm currently making it fit the mod site. Do you think we need bigger pics? Then I'd make popups like in my collision tut.

Hybrid_Soldier196

Actually the pics are kinda small :mrgreen: but to the point.

Squad_Sammaron

true i don't see the issue...unless your doin multiple types of enemies. dont think it'll work then. by that i mean trando's will shoot droids. wat i dont get is the team index...y doesnt that work...*pondersome pose :D*
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Squad_Sammaron

i'm so dumb :D ends up all you gotta do for that (or a much harder way than hybrid thought) is to add an AI script to the people and add a sequence with 'ACTION_SetThreat'. then just add the tag of your new friend and set the bThreat or w/e to false. all done :D

Hybrid_Soldier196

Actually if you follow the tutorial and add any pawn, say clone troopers, they will only attack the player...NOT each other. I know.....I tried. :mrgreen: but the script probably works too, but i want to keep it simple and so my way works, at least the way I want it too.

Squad_Sammaron

o yea oops :D i thought they would still attack other enemy pawns :D

Hybrid_Soldier196

you learn something new every day :lol:

Squad_Sammaron

hey doofi isn't there a tut that says enemies always attacks you? that'd need to be changed

Hybrid_Soldier196

Sounds good.