MIP - 007 Temple (yes another map)

Started by Sandcrawler, August 21, 2006, 11:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandcrawler

007 Temple, is a map that is absed off of the Temple map in 007 Goldeneye for the N64. It will have you running up and down, threw a ton of hallways, there are several rooms, but none of witch I would stay in for any time if you wish to live.

Players: 16

Download: http://sandcrawler.net/rcmod/downloads/ ... p?file=138

Screen Shots:

Note: This are still kinda early Screen shots, the maps missing something and I'm trying to figure out what it is...O and I forgot to mention that I Hate the wall texture I have up in the hallways right now. So the final will look a bit diffrent.

This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Sulfied Shrike

Looks really nice Sandy, love the look. Though I see what you mean, there is something missing - more atmospheric lighting perhaps?

DooFi

looking really really cool! At last someone else broke the SW-related tradition! Its missing lighting Make some orange tones, i suggest, maybe with some variations like green/light-blueish, but please not too saturated, as one sees in some recent maps posted! And of course light sources! torches would look nice, but you'd have to do them with sprites, since there would be MANY emitters needed otherwise ;) Or make some mystical glowing plants or so.. (like in DM-Sae, from hourences)

Sandcrawler

Here are some updated Screen Shots:

This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

DooFi

looking cool, but it seems like it was lit by the sun, although its set at night. imho the torches should not have such big radii. It looks a bit unreallistic that those small torches light those big rooms so bright. Prolly give some mystical feel to it by placing many fantasy (but believable!!) light sources (maybe with a nice color variation). Also the rooms look kinda empty and these holes are missing trims :)

Sandcrawler

And after a few weeks or more I have played with the lighting and such some more, and finished the map up, take a look and tell me what you think.

Download here: http://sandcrawler.net/rcmod/downloads/ ... p?file=138

Not going to post updated screen shots, because it hasn't changed, it just got darker a bit =D

Tell me what you think.

Dagger

Looks good, Sandcrawler. The light sources came along nicely.
Dagger - "The Professional"

Freelance Rifle Artist

"I bow to no one, and give service only for cause."
-Boba Fett

{MotR}Weapon

Love the textures/patterns on the wall! Suits the map and your temple theme quite nicely.