Changing MP Player Class - Different Parent

Started by arramus, March 11, 2007, 12:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

Clone Commander is after a Trooper vs Droid mod so I played around with the properties to see what would take. I can change the mesh and skin from a Commando to a Trooper and it'll load into MP just fine.

However, I've having issues with changing Trandos to Droids and think it maybe down to the class differences. Commandos to Troopers share a lot more than Trandos to Droids. Commandos and Troopers are in the same class and share the same animations so it transfers natively.

I can get him in the customise areas but not in game.

I'll see if I can add another character to the MP area and add all the relevant MP animations. Let's hope I don't get tooo many crashes.

Sandcrawler

Nice =D I hope you cna get it to work. then we should try and reskin the battledroid so its not all rusty =P
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

arramus

I'm still getting crashes for the Battle Droid and I think it's down to a mixture of scripting and lack of animations. The Droid has very limited animations and lacks MP specific ones. I can't locate any way of applying existing MP animations to Droidy or change the existing Trando mesh to a Droid one. These would be quick workarounds.

CLONECOMMANDER501

Hello, I am the person who suggested this idea to arramus. I just want to thank arramus and anyone who supports him, arramus willingly jumped to the task as soon as I suggested it. If there is anyone who knows a fix for these please contact me.

Sandcrawler

Could you take the animations out of the singal player and put them in for MP? Maybe dobel up some of them so the same thing would happen for two or more actions depending on the deferances.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Sandcrawler

Actualy what if you used the super battledroid instead, they are more human like.

Squad_Sammaron

seems kinda hard to make droid do it. no first person hud attacks created.
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

arramus

Quote from: "Sandcrawler"Could you take the animations out of the singal player and put them in for MP? Maybe dobel up some of them so the same thing would happen for two or more actions depending on the deferances.

Based on UT tutorials and animations it looks like RC has a different setup with Link Animations rather than Default Animations and I was unable to copy/paste attributes from one Pawn to another. It's pretty tough going in there at the moment. If I can unpack an animation folder to get at the raw data and import it for existing Pawns then maybe that'll be a workaround. Not my area at all although I'll continue digging.

Squad_Sammaron

doubt it'd work, because you can't make animation packages of you're own, and i can't find a way to switch them around :D lol we probly know more about this than the guys who worked wid LA lol
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Sandcrawler

I don't see why you couldn't make your own animation pack? This is to totaly rewrite the game from my understanding?

CLONECOMMANDER501

Me and Arramus just tested it in the Sandcrawler mod server and it works fine[clones only]. There should be a way to get the droids in but I am not worried about that right now. I can't do it myself I am only a begginer learning under the advice of Arramus.

DooFi

If the droids dont have the same skeleton as the clones, i doubt you can apply the animations to them at all. SBDs are probably even worse, as they dont even have a head.

Sandcrawler

What do you mean no head =O

http://starwars.wikia.com/images/thumb/ ... roid_1.jpg

=P Yeah you are proly right.

CLONECOMMANDER501

A SBD? That would be overkill! SBD's dont have a lot of animations needed for MP!

{MotR}Weapon

Darn, that's too bad. Having droid players in MP would certainly spice things up.  :(

I hope you reach a breakthrough.