Questions about Unreal Editor.....

Started by Omega 27 Elite, November 27, 2010, 08:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega 27 Elite

(the questions here have already been answered. please scroll down to the end of this thread to see my current questions)
ok so for a while now I've been working on a SP map that is basically a training ground on kamino. i want to put in a door that you can place a charge on and blow up but i cant figure out how to make the door destroyable. i havent found anything on the forum about it so im assuming im the first one to ask this. btw im using the door from Static Meshes > AssaultShip_PR > RAS_RegDoor because i cant find any other doors

another question i have is how can i put a character sound in my level. i already figured out on my own how to put music in my level (I'm quite proud of myself for that xP) but i don't know how to put a sound-bite from a character in there. i tried using a music trigger but putting a delta 07 clip under MusicTrigger properties >MusicTrigger>Episode but i cant hear it. I tried putting Delta 07 physically in the level to see if maybe i could hear it if his AI was in the level itself but its still not working. can anybody help me?

i have a few other questions already posted in different parts of the forum and if you have an answer feel free to tell me (pleeeeease pleeeease pleeeease i reaaally wanna know the answers!!!! im such a noob xDDD) here
http://forums.sandcrawler.net/index.php?topic=1338.0
i hope at least 1 person can understand my questions xDD
I am a man of many questions...

Sandcrawler

Triggers

Scripted, music, and just a the base triggers.

There is a tutorial for basic trigger on the site, for more complicated trigger look for UT04 trigger guieds on google.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Omega 27 Elite

ok thanks. i already know about basic triggers and music triggers but as i said voices arent working.

Tycon

you add a ScriptedTrigger(its in aiscript) dubble clik on it and xpand the tab aiscript. in Actions, click add. open the pulldown thing and go to the bottom and select WaitForEvent. then click New. A few extrat properties will show up. set ExternalEvent to whatever you want, like CueSevsVoice
then add another action and make it PlaySound. Hit new, and add your sound

For the door. go to actor classes and expand activateitem. expand DemeolitionCrate and choose one, then add it to your map. back to activate item, expand explosivecharge. get a DemolitionCharge and add one of those. then go to MarkerIconActor. keep expanding until you see MarkerDemolitionNative. expand that and edd a MarkerDemolition to the map. dubble click on the marker(it lokkes like a hologram) and go to marker. a big list shows up. Keep the marker's properties up while you select the charge. Back to the properties: select Anchor and hit Use selet actors then hit add then use. x out of marker properties and bring up the charge's properties. Select the holo, then go to the chrage props and expand marker goto squadmarker, then Use. go up to Explosivecharge tab and then select the demolition crate select proptodestroy and hit use.
Now the hard part's over. go tothe static mesh browser and select the one you want. dubble click on the crate and go to display advanced, select StaticMesh and hit use. Your Demolition crate is now a door. mve the marker up to the door, and put the charge in front of his hands. BuildAll, Save, and test it.

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

Omega 27 Elite

interesting i'll have to try those things out. thanks for answering my questions i still have lots more though O.O.

how do path nodes work? i tried coping the properties of one from RC into my map but it didnt work. also how do you make a clone or whatever shoot at a non enemy say a table or something. ive looked for the answers on the forum and google but i cant find anything :/

Tycon

For Path nodes, you just chuck a bunch of them around your map. at the top of thr 3d window rightclick go to view, and click Show Paths.  a bunch of lines will show up between your nodes. move the nodes around and click Build Paths. Green and white lines are best.

To make them shoot stuff, go to your pawn's properties. in AI you will see something called AiScriptTag. type CloneTrooper1Ai or sumthin. goto actor browser, expand AIScript, and add a ScriptedSequence. set its tag to CloneTrooperAI. in AiScript, hit add. set it to WaitForEvent and set Extrnalevent to whatever(to make him wait for a trigger) then add again, Shoottarget. It says Targettag or something ad put the tag of your tble

Omega 27 Elite

cool thanks. i actually dont have any more questions right now xD

Tycon

Omega 27 Elite

will do. and now i do actually have one. under hidden on the path nodes do i need to put a base for them and if so what do i put as the base

Tycon

no u don't need a base. and some other tips for nodes. don't put them too close to edges, and they must be on a flat surface.(u can put them on statichmesh or brush) if you go to actorclasses and expand navigationpoint you'll see a bunch of stuff. try adding a CoverPoint. slide behind a crate or something and rotate it so the arrow is pointing at the crate. Build All, and test it. any pawns you have will move to the coverpoint.

Omega 27 Elite

awesome im gonna try that out. thanks for the 100 time :]

Omega 27 Elite

ok so i know its been a while but......i tried the path nodes and they're working great i put them in my big map and my squad can go with me now(thats kinda big for me O.O) but the scripted trigger thing didnt work

Tycon

You're referring to the Sev's Voice thing? you need to add a trigger or something to trigger the event CueSevsVoice. heres a couple ways.
if you have a demolition charge nearby, doubleclick on the crate, go to prop>DestroyedState>Event. put in CueSevsVoice. When it blows up u'll hear the voice

add a pawn. set his Event(NOT his tag) to CueSevsVoice

add a trigger. set its Event to CueSevsVoice. ingame, walk in the trigger's general area

Omega 27 Elite

ok cool i new i could probably use a trigger for it but i didnt know what to put the event at. thanks

Tycon

just put the same thing for the event of the trigger and the tag of the script :D