How do i add posters to a map (or just pics)

Started by speedycheese, June 23, 2010, 05:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jet

I have been trying to import too. I have tried with it before but gave up after some hours. Now when I saw this post I want to try again. When I import (click at "files" then "import" then "ok" after choosing package and stuff. My texture dont show up in the screen. It's like if it never was imported. :S Is it anything else you have to do too? Whats wrong, what have I missed?
I was Ralex. I have finaly got to know how to change name! The thing was that I didn't know how to change it. :S
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

pizzaboy314

-PizzaBoy-

Jet

Ehh... I have no idea what that is. Anyway, it is .bmp
I was Ralex. I have finaly got to know how to change name! The thing was that I didn't know how to change it. :S
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

pizzaboy314

dimensions is how high and how wide the picture is. you can find that by opening the properties of the picture in my computer and clicking on summary.
-PizzaBoy-

Darktrooper

generally you should keep your maps on a even number, ie 128 x 128, 256 x 256, 512 x 512. I prefer to use dds files as textures but bmp files work for wall art. What you may want to do is use an art app like photoshop or paintshop and adjust you bmp to one of the sizes I mentioned. Then you want to save it someplace easy to find. Then open Unreal Editor, go to the texture browser and select import. Find your pic and import it to MyLevel/Textures/pic_name. If you've done everything right you will find in in the mylevel package for your map. After you make a brush, select one face of it and use your texture for that face. Grab a neutral metal texture for the other faces of the cube and you're done.

Here in sample 1 you can see the settings I used:

Here in Sample 2 is the texture, I just tossed it all over the map lol:

Took all of about 10 mins to grab a pic of what I was doing in udk, edit it in photoshop, load it into RC's Unreal and play the map. Hope this helps you out. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

pizzaboy314

oh yeah that's something i just realized. DON'T LISTEN TO ME. don't import it to your own package because then you have to include it in your map release. lol
-PizzaBoy-

Jet

Oh thank you so mutch! :D It worked! I made a new package and a new group named tests. Then I painted a commando in paint that I saved with 512-512. I imported it without changing anything in the window and hell yeah! :D It's in! Someone should make a small tutorial about how to do this. If not your going to do it, I will! :)
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

speedycheese

i got this to work to but when i play assault ship zone the pictures dont show up in game
[size=150]Speedycheese[/size]             

Prepare For Hard Contact

Jet

Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

speedycheese

ya  sortof black and white grainty looky
its like the twilight zone texture
the zero texture.
i hope my map doesnt do that.
[size=150]Speedycheese[/size]             

Prepare For Hard Contact

frazscotland

hey i think u kan also import .Gif and maybe u have a pc screen that has a gif play onit repeating in bakground. i dont think anyone tried it yet maybe Darklord. :)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND