[Beta Release]The Kashyyyk Files

Started by M3rl1n, February 22, 2009, 04:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3rl1n

Been working on this for a couple months, thought I should finally clean it up and try to get a release out : ) It's an SP project with about 30 minutes plus (depending on difficulty/skill level) of gameplay across three maps that takes place after the end of RC.

Not really dealing with Sev at this point or what might have happened to him. That might come in a later, more finalized release but right now it's more just about having some extra content to play through.

All comments welcome.

Download (12.4MB)

Screens:

RC-1266

sorry i say man..... BUT IT LOOKS AWESOME  :D  :D  :D  :D

M3rl1n

Thanks, 1266 : )

I also have a few ingame videos available. I should emphasize that these are not trailers and are straight playthroughs so if you’re worried about spoiling any possible gameplay surprises I would advise against watching them.

The complete playthrough is available Here (229MB - 29:13)

It’s fairly large but the rest, one for each map, can also be found on my website.

RC-1266

seriously i played them yesterday and these are the type of maps i have been waiting for a long time :P.

critical notes: in m1c in the beginning, i moved to the left side and tried to bump a door to get in, but i think i went a bit to the side and fell out of the real map to a lower part, and couldnt get in. maybe add some blocking volumes there?
i like the skins as well, but i don't see the use of them on delta squad. i think it would be better with the normal ones as it comes to story development and stuff. just my opinion.

btw one of the funniest parts was when you have to slice the terminal to stop the dwarf spider droids from coming. i only noticed the terminal after killing three of them :o

but the maps are awesome and can definately compete with the original ones ^^

Sandcrawler

I like them. =) I'm still working on playing threw them, got to the second one but I didn't think about health and got myself stuck.

They look great, I did notice that on the first map you can go threw the tree that the bacta is on, and the other trees around there as well I think.

That about all I can think of right now, I'll play them some more tomorrow and let you know then if I find anything else.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

M3rl1n

Thanks, guys, the feedback is really appreciated : )

RC-1266

is there a reason you gave them different skins, other than "i made them"?  :P
i mean like in a storyline perspective or something...?

other question; who are the three other commandos you meet at the end of m1c?

M3rl1n

Yeah there were other considerations.

I figured at one point I might want to have voice actors to really tell the story of what’s happening and since it’s highly unlikely I could get the guys from RC (and wasn’t sure I wanted to touch what happened to Sev) I would need a new team with their own style. I had created the camo just for fun so I figured I’d slap it on them since it fit the theme.

I didn’t want to get hung up on that though since getting any kind of voice acting was not immediately possible and changing the squad would require other changes to the game. So I figured if I were to use Delta and pick up after RC then I would need to find someone to replace Sev, at least for the interim.

Which is where the other team comes in.

Originally I had the idea for just one commando using one of the scout style body armor setups (dog soldier from ep 3 for example or maybe even a custom arc trooper) who would assist them but right now since that would have required a new model, fully rigged to use the animations in the game, etc, it’s something that might come later.

So barring that I thought the idea of another team, a special ops scout group, would add to the dynamic of the game. Right now I don’t have much of a backstory on them other then that they were scouting the planet for the invasion when they came across this factory and were shot down.

It’s not Omega :P at least that’s not the intention at this point. I guess I could go that direction but I don’t know where they were or what they were up to at that point in time according to the books. Of course there's only three of them but that could be easily changed.

Anyway, long explanations aside, what I’ll probably do is if I stick with Delta I’ll give people the choice of what skins they want to use. Of course if you know your way around the editor you can change them fairly easy. Just open up each map and assign each commando their original skin.

RC-1266

Well personally I like the idea of an interim squad helping to find Sev, but I think you should give delta squad the regular skins and do yourself whatever you want. But that's my personal opinion, I don't know what other people think.

SPOILER ALERT!!  ;)
It wouldn't be "canon" though, because I read on Wookieepedia that in the order 66 book the only person who goes after Sev is a mandalorian trainer, saying he's going to "study Kashyyyk plants" or whatever, sort of an excuse to find Sev. Still I thought there was nothing said about Sev being dead or alive, it's just unknown.

frazscotland

yeh merlin its magic sweet . you also hav another swrc mission for download called EXTENDED MISSIONS:THE HOSTAGERESCUE.alpha but its only half done. but not bad . you kant pikup the trando weps init tho. :cry: i hope you can finish it off as its a nice sideline story
http://www.leveldesign101.com/
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND