Coming Soon...

Started by Darktrooper, June 14, 2010, 01:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darktrooper

I'm not gonna say what, or when, or how. Just that it's gonna be my first standalone project and that it's coming soon... <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->

frazscotland

wow darktrooper is that a mechwarrior for swrc ??  8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Darktrooper

Ummm maybe, maybe not. The demo will be ready soon. I'm shooting for a June 22nd release of the demo. Stay tuned to this topic for links to the official website and forums that are under construction. Patience, padawan. All will become clear in time.

Darktrooper

This is a stand alone game that will be using UDK engine. No, it isn't another RC Product for the simple fact that any RC Project being made has at least 10 others ghosting it at the same time. Maybe once I get more used to the UDK tools more then yea maybe. That would depend on LA giving me or a team rights to make said game. I dont want to make a mod of RC, I want to make a game. With that being said here are some screens of what I am doing at this time.

If you notice, the vehicles are from UT3. They will be replaced when I get models of my own. Updates to come  <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

frazscotland

mmm lookin gud darktroopa !!!  8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Darktrooper

Thanks fraz, appreciate the support. Here's some tidbits I've been working on for the game.

You can follow the development over here on these forums http://allaroundgames.net/

frazscotland

Yeh u got a real good very plausible Theme and concept. Could be seeing u famous soon if u kan get a major bakker and the bandits dont try to rip u ..!! weldone . 8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Sandcrawler

A Backer would be nice, but we could release the game without one using the UDK (fee of $100 plus royalties) and Steam to disribute the game to PC and Mac (hopefully mac). As for the bandits, thats why we are keeping so much of it under wraps.

We'd really like to start building our community...hint hint :P
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Jet

Wow, are you doing the game alone or do you got some staff? What program did you use to make the game? I have begun making models my self too.  :)
I was Ralex. I have finaly got to know how to change name! The thing was that I didn't know how to change it. :S
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

Sandcrawler

We have four people onboard. Darktrooper, arramus, a coder known as dbest, and me.

Its using the UDK/ Unreal Engine 3.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Darktrooper

The storyline is old, I mean like 1991 old. Thats when I first came up with Cyguard as a comic book format. Who would had thought the comic book craze would implode just a couple of years later. So this thing has been setting since around '98-'99. With the UDK release it seemed like a no brainer to convert it into a game. With the talent that is around nowadays, its very exciting for me as a creator to be doing this.

Slaughter

Hey, darktrooper can u post tutorial on how to make models??  ???

Darktrooper

Heh, I'm still learning to make them myself. The models shown here were made with blender, which is an open source modeling tool. Wings is as well and I believe Sandcrawler is using it. I could probably make a tutorial, but for blender I'd suggest this site:http://montagestudio.org/home/ Jonathan Williamson is the one that seems to do the best tutorials and I've picked up on things in blender by watching his tuts (attempting character models now :-\ ) I'd check it out if you have any interest in making models.

Slaughter

Thx bro, i'll check it out.  ;D

Sandcrawler

Wings 3D is what I have been using for models, its mostly for Props, but its a very easy and intuitive interface. It also has quite a few tutorials on the website if you search for them.