Republic Commando 2: Rouge Commando

Started by JanDeis, October 26, 2007, 01:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanDeis

Now doesn't that sound professional.  Well, I only have one problem.  I can't do terrain in unrealed on my life!  I have used the bsp tool to make some ok terrain, but nothing spectacular.

Anyways, my RC2 mod/sequel thingy.  It is based right after the end scene of Republic Commando.  You play as Delta-38, with Scorch and Fixer in the squad at the start.

Mission 1
The first mission is the Battle of Kashyyyk.  The remains of Delta Squad sneak behind the enemy, through the treetops to shut down the CIS power generators.  Once shut down, Delta Squad gets an order from their advisor to return to base.  Delta Squad disobeys this order to hunt for their missing commando, Delta-07.  Once found, they link back up with their missing brother and head up into orbit.

Mission 2
The weary Delta Squad returns into orbit towards the end of the battle.  Their orders were to return, although the battle had not ended.  The confused commandos have their question answered when Emperor Palpatine gives the command to execute all Jedi.  The commandos of Delta Squad disobey the order and are fired upon by the crew on the Monitor.  Droids ambush the ship an board on multiple hangars.  The Deltas are shot at by droids, clones, and then the Venator Destroyer is rammed by a CIS cruiser.  The commandos escape on an LAAT before the ship explodes.

Mission 3
During their escape, the commandos decide to hit the Empire where it hurts.  They target Kuat, where the Empire is starting to build their vast Imperial Navy.  The commandos find out that a final resistance by the CIS has also targeted the same facilities.  When Delta Squad arrives on Kuat, they find that a large CIS strike team has taken two of the three main shipyards.  The Deltas must infiltrate the shipyards, destroy the droids and the facilities.  Once they destroy two of the shipyards, an Imperial fleet jumps into the system.  The Deltas quietly escape while the Empire cleans out the rest of the droids.

End
The Deltas realize that they cannot stop the Empire alone.  They split up to avoid detection, contacting each other through abandoned Old Republic comm lines.  They lie in wait, for their opportunity to team back up to strike back at the Empire...

How do you like it?  The only things I need to figure out are:
-New models for actors (not characters)
-How to make clones an enemy
-Terrain without using the bsp tool

Post if you have any suggestions, or if you want to join my team to build this mod.  I can use all the help I can get...

EDIT:  I basically rewrote the entire above post.  I changed my story to include all the commandos on the same side.  My original idea killed all but 38.

JanDeis

I have my website up and running.  If you want to join my team for this mod (or the other one on my site) visit this site: //http://www.freewebs.com/deisgames/

I am currently working on paper to find out how the weapons and maps are going to work.  I have good ideas for my main weapons:

-DC-15s:  Perfect accuracy, faster recharge, slightly faster rate-of-fire, and less damage.
-DC-17m2 Carbine:  Modified DC-17m Blaster with 2 projectiles per shot, higher rate of fire, less damage, and more ammo.
-DC-17m2 Sniper:  Higher rate-of-fire, more ammo, 2 ammo per clip.
-DC-17m2 Grenade Launcher:  Fires 2 thermal detonators at a time with a max ammo count of 8.

I have a brainstormed idea of what the Battle of Kashyyyk will look like, but I don't have any eye candy for that yet...

Sh4rpSh00t3r

freewebs isn't very professional and your not going to get much traffic there, i suggest using 1and1 hosting, don't have the link but just google it, its not too expensive.

JanDeis

Well, I'm using freewebs just to get something on the web.  Once I get some money, I will probably buy a domain someplace.  But  for now, my freewebs site is there just for the purpose of having a place where I can organize my projects.

CJKID14

how is the mod doing right now?

JanDeis

It is coming along slowly.  I have a good idea of how I want Kashyyyk to look, but I can't get my trenches to work with the Terrain Editor.  Would anyone be able to help me make trenches along the beachhead?  (there won't be any water because UE can't do that, that I know of...)