Make Static Meshes IN UnrealEd?

Started by RC-1266, January 30, 2008, 01:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC-1266

Is it possible to save a group of cubes and cylinders and add it as a static mesh?

Sh4rpSh00t3r

yes, select the shapes that you want in your static mesh, then right click and save it as a brush.

DooFi

Just make sure no Subtractive brushes are involved. In that case, use the intersect-tool to make everything one brush and save that as SM.

RC-1266

OK thanx im gonna test it now

RC-1266

im making a map now which looks very like our school  :wink:
ive a question now: i want to make it so you can blow and shoot away tables, chairs and computers and stuff
BUT: i dont know how to make it that way, so maybe can someone tell me how to to that???????
ive searched around the fora but i couldnt find anything helping me with that
as soon as ive a worthy start ill post some pix

Sh4rpSh00t3r

You would either need an animation in your map for that, or w/e those SP meshes are in the actors browser (only can see them in SP). Otherwise you will need to make the chair into a mover and make it so it looks like it's being shot across the room (make it triggered by hitting/shooting it).

RC-1266

isnt there another way? :lol: somnething like editting collsion or ragdoll shit?

o and btw, does someone know how to make selfmade static meshes solid? i just walk through mine now

DooFi

If you only want the objects to act physically correct, you can add them as a Karma prop, but I dunno how to make them visible in online games. IIRC someone found a way to make Emitters visible, so I guess it works the same way. Search the forums for that. Karma props can be very performance-heavy, so I guess you shouldn't apply physics to all objects in your map.

There is a way to make things blow up when they get shot, i once did that, but i forgot how -.- If my UED was working I could look it up for you, unfortunately it does not, sorry :> I don't remember anything about it, but that the meshe's wireframe was orange in the 2D viewports, lol. I doubt that helps you, but it's the only thing i recall.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

Ok...

1. KARMA PROPS! >.< thats what i meant and no, they can't be used in multiplayer. The host will only see them and they have a tendency of falling threw floors

2. Static mesh overview: http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/StaticMeshesTutorial.html

3. I believe to make meshes solid you need to use the intersect tool. i believe there was a tutorial on this somewhere.

DooFi

karma props: Maybe this works for them too
I've never had any problems with them falling through floors though.

Add collision to meshes: Tutorial, anyone? :roll:

Sh4rpSh00t3r

aha! i new there was a tut somewhere, i had this pic in my head too >.< http://sandcrawler.net/rcmod/tutorials/ ... umb_01.png

anyway, my karma props normally will fall threw my floors when i play in multiplayer mode and stand on them.

RC-1266

thank you for your response everyone, but if i make them karmaprops, are they immediately solid too or do i have to edit that?

Sh4rpSh00t3r

1. Karmaprops = not seeing in multiplayer (besides host) so i really don't see why your going to make them...

2. Yes, any custom mesh needs custom collisions, the only reason the static meshes that come with unrealed have collisions is because they're collisions were set when the game was made.

DooFi

Quote from: "Sh4rpSh00t3r"1. Karmaprops = not seeing in multiplayer (besides host) so i really don't see why your going to make them...
Try this! I want to know if it works for Karmaprops, too!
viewtopic.php?t=317

Sh4rpSh00t3r

but karma will just screw up his map >.<