DM_Untitled

Started by Sh4rpSh00t3r, May 06, 2007, 06:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4rpSh00t3r

New project everyone and unlike my others its a pretty good concept that i think i'll follow threw to the end. (Please understand *cough*Doofi*cough* im saving my lighting for the end)  :wink:

(this is a symetrical map so everthingthing im about to show you is half the map)

Rep and trando base so far, obviously alot more SM's and a vent to add.

Storage room (will have two vents. one coming from a small room in rep base, other goes to the wide hall which is shown in the next pic)

"wide hall" that connects the outside to the underground kamino style base.

Bottom of outerbase (like garrison) Q!: how can i get rid of that overlap on the stairs without ripping into that back wall or seeing/colliding with it? i had copyed them from garrison so i did the ramps right but forgot to delete them before i did a build-all. LOL

Top of outerbase (like garrison) complete wiht sniper window and catwalk.

Outside view of outerbase

arramus

Looking like a decent layout so far. Multi levels with ample routes for flanking always work well.

Simply delete the added brush on the ramp that's sticking up and overlapping and rebuild. That should do the trick.

Is there plenty of head room at the top and bottom of the ramp leading to the storage room?

Keep those screenies coming.

Shockjaw

that looks interesting but can you add things for cover that match the theme if there is a theme

Sh4rpSh00t3r

shock, like i said i need to add alot more SM's im simply doing the outline of the map right now.

and arrumus, i tried making the textures a portal/invisable/two sided but it left a hole in the wall and i cant delete the "Blue outline" on the top and side views because i had pasted it so its as if there hidden.

Shockjaw

ok I was thinking those would be of rlast things list (sorry for not including that)

arramus

Quote from: "Sh4rpSh00t3r"shock, like i said i need to add alot more SM's im simply doing the outline of the map right now.

and arrumus, i tried making the textures a portal/invisable/two sided but it left a hole in the wall and i cant delete the "Blue outline" on the top and side views because i had pasted it so its as if there hidden.

Go to the 'groups' tab and see if anything's unchecked. If you pasted over from an existing map then it may have been added to a group that isn't checked for viewing.

Portal's need to be exactly flush with the wall surrounding them to work. If the portal is too big or in a very open area it can be buggy and won't render parts of the map even though it's in your view. If you can't fix these things then upload the map and we can take a look at setting it right.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

thanks arramus, my bone head mistake anyway. its happened before but i havnt mapped in awhile unfortunatly because of other projects that needed to be done.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

working on other half tomorrow, check for updates.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

well until i can figure that out im taking a break from that map. i have already started a new map.