Weapon Modifications - Ammo - ROF - Clip - FOV

Started by arramus, March 14, 2007, 10:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

Here's a youtube video of some weapon modifications for the DC-15s, DC-17 and Wookie Bowcaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f11pFe2RUs

Mods include Extra Ammo, Increased Rate of Fire, Increased Clip Size, Additional Field(s) of View and Faster Charge Time.

CLONECOMMANDER501

Is it possible to add the DC-15S?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DC-15S_blaster

JanDeis

I've looked all over and still haven't found the answer.

How do you edit the properties of the weapons in unrealed?

Sandcrawler

Again, I'm not sure but I bleive you right click on the weapon or whatever and there should be a edit or view script. and the stuff should be in there.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

JanDeis

I checked the script and the pickup properties.  Neither one had a way to change the ammo, rate of fire, or anything else.

Shockjaw

Ask Dark Lord, he has put mod weapons in his maps.

JanDeis

Quote from: "Shockjaw"Ask Dark Lord, he has put mod weapons in his maps.

Thanks, I PM'd him.  Is he active? (will he get back to me soon?)

Dark Lord

the mod weps in my maps are something different...just pickups that have the projectile type changed by editing the pickup area of the properties of that pickup
but to do more extensive editing of weapons you need to make a mod, like the sandcrawler one, that uses separate properties from the normal game.
you can edit weapons by going in the actors classes (the menu where you can choose from and put Ai and pickups and zoneinfos etc. in the map) you'll want to uncheck the thing that says placeable classes only as well.
there are 4 things for each weapon:
first is under pickup and then CT pickup and choose the weapon (SP versions may be chosen, any edits there will affect the MP version as well i believe, but MP edits will not effect SP versions)
here you can edit the projectile shot (inventory type in the pickup section) what the wep looks like (display and display advanced), pickup sound and message (pickup section) and several, less important things....
second edit is inventory>weapon>what wep u want. here you can edit damages and accuracy and ammo per magazine under the weapon section of the properties, and, like all of them, many other, less important things.
third is inventory>ammunition>ammo u want. under ammunition, you can edit the ammo capacity of weapons and the range of that weapon
finally is projectile>which one u want. under projectile you can edit damage, speed, and other things...under lighting you can also edit the light put off by that projectile, which is fun to mess with, as well as under display you should be able to change the look of the projectile (i have never tried)

to play your mod give the edited properties.u file in the C:>Program files>Lucasarts>Republic Commando>Properties folder to all who you want to play it with
you will have to have a backup of the origional prop file to put in if you ever want to play normal RC again
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

JanDeis

So all I had to do was uncheck a little box...

Awesome!  Thank you!  Now I can finally get to work on my RC2 mod!

frazscotland

Sorry to bump an old topic but i followed darklords instructions and hey presto...
a microuzi for pistol and autoshotty for blaster...
http://www.xfire.com/video/1f0c65/
http://www.xfire.com/video/1f0bd0/
Thanks darklord still to slow rof down od shotty/blastr tho.. :lol:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Lanayru

I just downloaded the Unreal Development Kit and I was wondering if I could use that or if I had to go buy UT3 and use the editor that comes with it.

If I can use UDK, how do I open the .U files for editing?

frazscotland

wel ifits for editing swrc u use the unrealeditor that comes included in the hangar dload from lucasarts aka repcom 1.0. wen you install hangar map it installs unreal ed in your system folder for swrc so you just find it and send to desktop/create desktop . i think you kan use udk for importing textures .but i would think properties are particular to a game. for editing properties in swrc look  at page before with darklord reply. darklord and arramus know swrc inside out so you could try a pm. 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Lanayru

In the Actor Browser, how do I modify the rate of fire? Everything is fine.

frazscotland

DUDE sorry but you have to make a seperate post about this. this post is only meant to be relating to weapon mods.. :ugeek:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND