Elevator Idea, but a bug came up.

Started by Shockjaw, October 29, 2007, 01:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shockjaw

Ok, icepwn made the map to help make the idea come alive. The idea is: an elevator that can has an open door, door closes, then time delay and the elevator moves. But there is one problem, we made the elevator out of pure thought, I have suplied screenies as well as an explenation. The problem is that one wall spins and can kill you, you can live it, but it is a pain in the booty to dodge because one door swings around (we did that on purpose) to open, but it can kill you, but that isn't the problem, one wall swings around when the elevator moves up and down (and also in this case sideways). Below are the screenies.

Elevator Glitch, elevator not in motion, door is open. The wall isn't spinning.

The dark part is the wall. The side isn't supposed to be spinning, and this is when the elevator is moving.

Elevator piece is still moving till it hits the ground, then it stops.

Inside, side is still moving.

I have the map, and so does icepwn as far as I know. Just ask me on xfire cuz I don't have a Filefront account.[/img]

Dark Lord

the spinning wall is probably rotated about 180 degrees from key 0 to key 1...that happens to me alot, just do the whole mover keys over again and make sure all ways stay as you want
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Shockjaw

The wall spins 360 degrees in a circle, till the elevator lands.

Dark Lord

not sure then...
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

icepwn

hehe i knew it but i was too lazy to fix.. as i told shockjaw on xfire.. but thanks anyways ;)