Aband0ned?

Started by DooFi, June 29, 2007, 09:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DooFi

Sooo...
Are these forums ultimately dead? :?
I don't even get Spambots trying to registe anymore. :(
Makes me kinda sad, though, of course, we all knew it was coming. The RC Community has never been big and the modding community was even smaller. But what are you guys doing now? Have you deserted to another UEngine Game? Waiting and practicing for UnrealEngine3 or what? Or just quit modding for good? :|

Rest in pieces, RC :(

edit: btw...
LAST POST! HAHAHA! :roll:

flame

saddley enough, the rc community has been dying for the last year and a half, but like you said, we all saw it coming, so I guess no surprise

Dark Lord

rc has been "dying" for a long time, over a year ago we all thought it would die and its activity is now bigger or the same as it was then
ill mod until there is no one left to use my maps, which is pretty much until the day that it becomes impossible to serve RC because it will be so old or something, because me and friends still like to play it, or, ill just stop modding when i get a full time job and am too busy to do this stuff anymore...
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Sh4rpSh00t3r

well its sad to learn that our best modders have gone, well, inactive. I still check these forums everyday. Its been in my bookmarks since i registered.

personally i havn't been modding lately because i recently got back into JKJA and joined a clan, my guildwars guild has needed me for recruiting, been playing in multiple RC tournys, taking multiple sig requests from four sites, making an motr video, ranking up in battlefield2, etc. etc... so yeah i've been a little busy.

Dark Lord

hey i said nothing about leaving anytime soon, its a few years until i get into my career, ill only hit college next year. may be too busy then-idk, but that leaves me at least this next year to continue my modding :)

Hybrid_Soldier196

For me theres no use in making something that only a handful of people will appreciate....i left my mark on the modding community....the question is, did u leave yours?

DooFi

Hm, I think I did. RC Modding was nice. And it was my debut in mapping. I learned a lot about Mapping in general and about the UEngine/Editor. I think it payed off.

Dark Lord

i see alot of people who still use and appreciate my maps, and even if they didnt, that wouldnt stop me, because i have friends who i can hang out with who still like to visit them and see my new ones, and with the fun i get out of simply modding in the first place and being able to create my own little words, i find no reason at all to stop, because its not a waste of time as long as i and at least one other person i can play with enjoys them.

Hybrid_Soldier196

i guess that is true.

explode

Right on guys, but I think we're just going to have to let this one go....
I lost my RC disc so I think I'm just giving it up, and my computer is too slow to run any new games, so I'm getting a wii.
Gmod for RC was actually my idea to get people to look and say "cool",then dig for their RC disc, reinstall and start solving some cool puzzles...
Ideas to keep this FORUM alive:
1.Start clans on other platforms (I.E. Metroid Prime Hunters on Nintendo Wifi connection)
2.Advertise on other sites (just link people to it, don't spam)
3.Make a game? I don't know, I've been thinkin for a while, that if we all pile our life savings together, we could buy a copy of the unreal engine, then create a cool fps that would feature each one of the unreal modders as characters.  Or perhaps we could just use a free engine then make the game a free download (with banners everywhere that say "unreal modders @ www.sandcrawler.net" or something like that.)

Hybrid_Soldier196

LAST POST!

hunt ankou

HOW CAN U GIVE UP ON SUCH A GREAT GAME?!?!?! RC RULES!!!!! I WOULD MODD TONS OF GAMES BUT I HAVE THE BEST OF PC STAR WARS THING AND IT NOT ORIGINAL VERSION. IF U GIVING UP ON RC THEN FINE U MISSING OUT ON FUTURE MODDERS AND GAMERS! I STILL BELIVE IN THE GAME AND YOU SHOULD TO! RC WILL LIVE ON FOREVER AND I'LL MAKE SURE OF IT!