AI_Infiltrated - FINAL

Started by arramus, February 26, 2007, 05:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

This map is now complete and was added to a 3 Map Pack called 'The Apprentice Missions'

I'm converting DM_Infiltrated to an SP map that will be played as an MP map and am testing out the AI. You'll be on your own in this map and as it's designed to be played in MP mode you'll have all the MP moves that SP doesn't have. However, your Squad won't be tagging along as they won't follow commands in MP mode. If it plays well and people want a Squad version to play in SP mode then they/I can always add the guys back in.

Clone with Trando SMG

Hack Attack on its way

arramus

Here are a few more pikkies of the SW crew with their new arsenal.

Yoda has a Conc but he's not scripted for game play and is happy to just stand on guard.

Clone just wants to throw acid at you.

Bot is the best though with his Rocket Launcher.

arramus

Darkened up the Clone Trooper's texture to make him look like a Clone gone bad. His skin saves directly to MyLevel.

DooFi

Stop showing me what I am missing xD
I could map for UT2k4, but its really not as funny as making RC maps :( :cry:

arramus

:lol:

Draw your pistol while my back was turned eh?

Have a face full of this.

arramus

Mini Me Trando Heavy

Dark Lord

just so u know, AI retextures and resizing never show for the server guests-all they see is normal. i have tried that before on a trando marauder or whatever it was and changed to grenadier skin just to test and it didn't work
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

arramus

This will only be for SP as AI on a server for Coop crashes big time. The AI reskins do show on a server as long as you manually add them to MyLevel. The AI resizes also showed when I joined a dedicated server.

arramus

Added a Mover set to TriggerToggle and a Prox Trigger just as you get near to set it all off. The bars raise and you're greeted by Geo puppies.

Squad_Sammaron

THWEEEEEEEET! how did you make clone throw acid, and give diff weaps?! hod yoda get a conc? i thought the made yoda's cane his mesh!! that's flippin unbeleivable!! HELP ME OUT!!!
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

arramus

For each Pawn go to Properties > Pawn > RequiredEquipment and you'll see a list of weapons they are supplied with. Simply change the weapon type to one you prefer, e.g.

a Trandoshan Mercenary is supplied with an SMG which is called CTInventory.SMG and thermal detonators called CTInventory.ThermalDetonatorEnemy.

If you change the SMG listing to CTInventory.DroneSpit then he'll throw Acid at you.

A few more examples of weapons are:

Trando Weapons
CTInventory.TrandoshanRifle
Properties.SlaverBladesBerserker

Republic
CTInventory.DC15s
CTInventory.DC17mSniper or Properties.DC17mSniperCommando

To find the name of weapons to add to the RequiredEquipment.

1. Add any weapon to your map.
2. Look under Properties > Pickup > InventoryType
3. Move down the drop down menu and find a weapon you like.
4. Copy the Class name to your Pawn's RequiredEquipment area. If you want a BowCaster then the Class name is Class'CTInventory.Bowcaster' All you need to add to the RequiredEquipment area is CTInventory.Bowcaster
5. Build All, Save and test it out.

There are a number of duplicate weapons for SP and MP which may come with different ammo loads. Find which are suitable for your map.

arramus

AI hate...

1. Confined spaces. If the corridors are too narrow they'll not be able to do their animations properly and will freeze.

2. Movers. AI have issues with passing through an area where a mover is/was located.

3. Change in flooring. AI run on terrain just fine but give them a step or a slight ramp and they won't cross it. This is the biggest pain of all so far as it required some rethinks.

After some really horrid AI issues this map is starting to take shape.

Start with a little message from Yoda.

That feels good when that happens.

Coming at ya from all sides.

DM is a great mode to play SP as it keeps your score and time.

Safety in numbers.

{MotR}Weapon

That last pic is badass.

For some reason DnD popped into my head when I saw that. XD

arramus

Those guys are fun to take out when they are grouped like that. Nade or wep they go down pretty quickly.

I'd say this map's finished now. It's going to be in 3 parts with this one, a modified Garrison Lite and a Doom style to finish it off. Once all three are complete I'll link them up so they open in sequence. For now this one will just restart when you reach the end point.

These guys go down quick usually of their own doing. They take you with them though.

I've tested a lot and while the AI aren't as intelligent and spontaneous as I wanted it's still fun working through the level. I didn't add a single spawner and just set them all up with SS_Idle (Start State) so they won't move out of position to much unless they sense my presence. The map is zoned and I wasn't getting any lag in there even when there was an abundance of AI at the same time. As my card is a 7900gt I need to test the map on a lesser card. I have an ATI 9550 on my server PC and will test it on there as well.

If all is well I'll pack it into a self extractable file tomorrow and upload it. Releasing it before the series comes out will give me a chance to get your feedback and suggestions if you spot any biggies.

Sandcrawler

I have a geforce 5200 we can test it on. but I dunno if that is really a low card. cause I have never run into lag on maps other people do in RC.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)