Single Player Squad

Started by JanDeis, December 18, 2007, 04:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanDeis

I am having trouble getting the squad to do the things they are supposed to do.  I place all of the squad members, but then they only stay in the general area that they were placed on the map.  I also can't get them to do any commands (simple ones like "concentrate fire on the selected target").  The only one who ever did anything was Sev.  He revived me only when I was near him and died.  But I did the same thing standing next to both Scorch and Fixer, and the game says that I lost!

Also, I did not mess with any properties.  I made my map, placed the actors, then played the game.  Does anyone know what is going on?

icepwn

Quote from: "JanDeis"I am having trouble getting the squad to do the things they are supposed to do.  I place all of the squad members, but then they only stay in the general area that they were placed on the map.  I also can't get them to do any commands (simple ones like "concentrate fire on the selected target").  The only one who ever did anything was Sev.  He revived me only when I was near him and died.  But I did the same thing standing next to both Scorch and Fixer, and the game says that I lost!

Also, I did not mess with any properties.  I made my map, placed the actors, then played the game.  Does anyone know what is going on?

did u do path nodes?

JanDeis

Hmm.  No I didn't.  I knew I was missing something.

I actually don't know how to use path nodes.  Is there a tutorial on that?  I checked the tuts on this site, but I couldn't find anything.

Dagger

As is often the case with single player mapping, your best bet may be to simply open one of the SP maps, and use a little investigation to discover the way they're used.
Dagger - "The Professional"

Freelance Rifle Artist

"I bow to no one, and give service only for cause."
-Boba Fett

JanDeis

:x
Damn.  I hate doing that.  Oh well, SP, here I come!

*plugs nose and dives into computer screen*  :shock: