How to make it Faster to open/enter a map

Started by icepwn, November 26, 2007, 08:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icepwn

ehm  well i added some lbocking volumes to my map ( around Clone Commandos ) and when i try to open the map it takes like 5 minutes.. couse ive seen dark lords map and it takes no time to open at all or enter please reply.

Dark Lord

my map takes no time to load at all? what do u have some kinda super comp cuz naval base is the longest loading map ive ever played on in any comp FPS game i have....so no...i dont know what your problem here is
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

JanDeis

All of my maps load instantly for me.  I have 1GB RAM (I think, I might have 1.5GB) and an oversize hard drive (I still have over 150GB left after all the crap I have installed).  I've never had problems with maps loading slowly.  What are your specs on your PC?

Dark Lord

not sure, its adequate but not the greatest thing around...i do have a second, really awesome laptop but alas, it is broken right now...

icepwn

dark lord. i just opened one of your maps and yes it took a long time xD my mistake but i made a pretty small one wich is like overall 10240x5120 and i added some blocking volumes around some troopers (convert to brush) and it took longer to open than your maps  :shock:

Dark Lord

i add blocking volumes to static mesh all the time, but have never done it troops...its probably just how complex they are...no idea how you would fix that tho

icepwn

Quote from: "Dark Lord"i add blocking volumes to static mesh all the time, but have never done it troops...its probably just how complex they are...no idea how you would fix that tho

i guess they are.. :(

Sandcrawler

Well I doubt that it is a blocking volume causing it, but if you haven't done any zoning thats usualy the cause of lag, and overlapping.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

icepwn

Quote from: "Sandcrawler"Well I doubt that it is a blocking volume causing it, but if you haven't done any zoning thats usualy the cause of lag, and overlapping.

welll lol when i do zoning then just....BAM! UE crash... so i cant do zoning :S