action reaction

Started by ubernoob, May 28, 2009, 07:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubernoob

Hey guys. I didnt really know where to put this post, since its kinda hard to explain, but animation kinda seemed the way to go. Anywho, Im currently in the making of a MP co-op map (wayyy to much to be made). I was think if it was possible to create an event using triggers and various other things. Heres the idea: you have 2 enemies standing next to what appear to be explosive crates. You shoot the crate(s), they "blow up," producing a firey explosion that "comes from the crates". Then they kill the enemies, and you advance. As far as im concerned, i know how to make a trigger to trigger something when the collision radius is shot, but the damage and the visual explosion, no idea. All help will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
ubernoob
{VIMI} Division Commander

We are a noob clan. We don\'t care.

Sandcrawler

This isn't an animation issue :P its triggers...more trigger than I want to explain.

First you would need to set up a mover, that when triggered by your shot trigger it would explode. Then you would need to attach several emmitters to this mover to make it look like it exploded. and finaly, you would want a few lights attached with the emitter for the flame, and several one time flash lights for the explosion.

At least thats how I would do it. I have a great little tutorial on how to attach emitters/trigger ect to movers in the Killing Floor section. kfmod.php?page=tutorial-6

Because both games have the same editor it should be the same, you can find the part on attaching to movers around the end of the trigger section.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

ubernoob

wow that helps alot! thanks sandcrawler! lol did u used to work for UnrealEd once?
{VIMI} Division Commander

We are a noob clan. We don\'t care.

RC-1266

you can also convert the barrel to a prop, and give it health, an explosion radius and a death effect.