Burn Textures

Started by Tycon, December 15, 2010, 03:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tycon

I noticed that pawns have a property (in Pawn) that says Burntmaterial or something like that.I thought it would be like a tex swap when you blow it up with a thermal nade, but that didn't work. anyone know what it does?

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

frazscotland

Yeh man in the Clone textures and clonetrooper,battledroid etc theres a COMBINER which is a burnt texture i guess u can enter that in that cell !
Now you would have to ask DARKLORD how to make a COMBINER ! ive never tried to make 1 yet But i will have a try later  8)
Combiner'CloneTextures.CloneTextures.CloneCommando_Burn
or
Combiner'CloneTextures.CloneTrooperTextures.CloneTrooper_Burn
Combiner'CloneTextures.TrandoshanConcTextures.TrandoshanConc_Burn
Combiner'CloneTextures.TrandoshanMercTextures.TrandoshanMerc_Burn
Combiner'DroidTextures.BattleDroid.BattleDroid_Burn
Combiner'DroidTextures.Droideka.Droideka_Burn
Combiner'DroidTextures.SuperBattleDroid.SuperBattleDroid_Burn
Combiner'TrandoshanTextures.TrandoshanElite.TrandoshanElite_Burn
Combiner'TrandoshanTextures.TrandoshanScav.TrandoshanScav_Burn
Combiner'TrandoshanTextures.TrandoshanSlaver.TrandoshanSlaver_Burn

If you do Properties of them youll see this
Texture'TrandoshanTextures.TrandoshanSlaver.BurnOverlay'
and in there top left youlll see a burn texture ahaaaaaaaa
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

frazscotland

Well i tried it and its relatively easy to do you just create your own custom texture pack
then DUPLICATE the clonetrooper or commando burn and rename it and add it to your custom texture pak. then in your texture pak change the texture reference cell and hey presto.
Seems more suited to individual SP skins but would work for MP.
i tested/ tried it with cloneadult and its cool  but would probably work for any other 8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

no fraz... i meant in the pawn's properties there is a cell for the burn tex, and I want to know what it does with it

frazscotland

Well i guess its the texture when u die/immolate/burn and my good guess is thatl be it
enter that and see what happens !!! 8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

Yes, but if you look at my original post you will see that I tried that and it didn't work. ::)

frazscotland

Mybe you dint put in the name correct in the cell ?
what did you type in the cell ?
:o
Combiner'CloneTextures.CloneTextures.CloneCommando_Burn'
?
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

Well I added a mouse droid, reskinned him with something blue(by the way I apply textures to actors using the 'Use' button. it sounds like you don't) and made his burn texture lava(so when he burns he looks all red and fiery). so built all, saved, and opened the map to throw a nade at him. he died, was on fire, but he didn't switch to the lava textue.

frazscotland

So basically your way doesnt work ! why dont u try my way like i explained before see if that works make a nu combiner for the skin  and enter that in the cell
Tell me how u get on  8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

Aghhhhh...I'm having trouble making myself clear, so I will try again:

Why do the props have a cell for the burn texture? What do the props do with it?

I'm not asking for how to make my own or reskinning pawns. I hope this made me clear.

frazscotland

The properties reference all the commands like the ammo for a wep the type of shot rof  etc and for pawns the skins the anmimations to use the weps they have etc.
Maybe you should message LUCASARTS and ask them see if you get a reply ive tried to help you as best as i can. 8)
as i told you before in the BURN cell i think its COMBINER you use ! not TEXTURE
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

That explains why you weren't answering my question...it was because you didn't know lol. Sorry if I frustrated you

frazscotland

Quote from: Tycon on April 20, 2011, 10:46:34 AM
Well I added a mouse droid, reskinned him with something blue(by the way I apply textures to actors using the 'Use' button. it sounds like you don't) and made his burn texture lava(so when he burns he looks all red and fiery). so built all, saved, and opened the map to throw a nade at him. he died, was on fire, but he didn't switch to the lava textue.

Here you say you used lava texture !! its not a texture its a COMBINER !!!! COMBINER you need to try . iasked you a few times if youd tried to use COMBINER and you never answered !!!
You need to create a new COMBINER associated with your skin ! read slowly up top posts again and again :'(
The properties.u file cell will reference the BURN texture which will be the COMBINER !
The COMBINER you specially created. zzzz
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

Hm didn't think that mattered, but that any kind of tex will do. I will try a combiner.

EDIT: I placed two pawns in a map. gave them both combiners for their burntextures. The battledroid has the battledroid burn texture, and the mouse droid has a combiner for a static mesh, so that it will be easy to tell if it switches texes. I took pictures of the steps I took to make my procedure clear and easy-to-follow.

As you can see, 1 pic each of applying burn textures, before death in map, and after I threw a thermal det at them. There is no switch. My guess is that it just doesn't use that cell. Going to check the script next.
oh and I'm sorry i made you cry ;)

EDIT#2:Checked script. it defines the cell but doesn't do anything with it. Yet another bit of the useless junk left sitting around. Consider this case closed.

Tycon

Oh and just another note:I don't think it needed to be a combiner. in the code, it calls the cell a Material cell. the name of the cell is BurntMaterial. a material is anything in the texture browser.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong